hilltop honey & cinnamon cookies
- 160g oats (we use gluten free rolled oats)
- 2 table spoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 5 table spoons of hilltop honey
- 6 table spoons of melted coconut oil
- Melt your coconut oil over a low heat.
- Add oats, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg to a bowl and mix.
- Add your melted coconut oil and hilltop honey and mix again.
- The mixture will become sticky but won’t come together like a dough so don’t expect it to!
- Scoop up spoonfuls of the oat mix and form into discs on a piece of baking parchment on a baking tray. Don’t worry if they don’t look like they are sticking together – the baking will sort that out!
- Bake in the centre of the oven at 160 for ten minutes.
- Leave to cool completely and then eat!
Makes 6 cookies – if you don’t eat them all straight away, store them in an airtight tin.
An extremely easy cookie recipe, full of cinnamon deliciousness from Kale & Hearty Kitchen!
Did you give this recipe a go? Let us know how you get on – you can find us on facebook, twitter and instagram!