hilltop honey & apple breakfast waffles
- 160g buckwheat/other gluten free flour
- 2 whole eggs-separated
- 80ml dairy free milk
- 20g coconut oil
- Tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 40g apple puree
- 30g organic honeydew hilltop honey
- Dash of vanilla
- Preheat your waffles iron.
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut oil, apple puree, egg yolks, organic honeydew hilltop honey and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and fold everything together so that everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks (an electric whisk makes this a lot easier).
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the waffle batter, trying not to mix too vigorously so that you’re able to keep some of the air in the mixture.
- Spray a little cooking spray onto your waffle iron and pour in some of the batter.
- Cook your waffles (Usually rakes around 3 minutes but this can vary depending on your waffle maker)
- Serve topped with some fresh fruit and an extra drizzle of honey.
Serve and enjoy! Head over to our YouTube channel to see the recipe video!
Did you give this recipe a go? Let us know how you got on – you can find us on facebook, twitter and instagram!
Hilltop Honey & Apple Breakfast Waffles