hannah’s nutty nut granola with clusters
- 60g pecans
- 70g almonds
- 60g walnuts
- 65g almond flakes
- 100g ground almonds
- 1/2 cup hilltop honey
- Pinch salt and a sprinkle of pepper
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 grated carrots
- 80g raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix together all of your ingredients apart from the carrots and honey. Once mixed, add the honey (I use hilltop honey to make sure it’s the best quality) and stir until clusters start to form together. You do not want to over stir as the clusters will come apart.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour your granola mix onto the tray and lay out evenly. With a spoon, push together your clusters so they’re still together.
- On a separate baking tray (lined with parchment paper) pour your grated carrots onto it and again, lay evenly.
- Pop both trays in the oven and bake the granola for 20-30 minutes and the carrots for 10 minutes.
- Once the grated carrots are baked (they’ll look dry) remove them from the oven and leave to one side.
- Once your granola is golden brown, remove from the oven and leave to cool for them to harden.
- Once your granola has cooled, pour it into a bowl and add the carrots and mix everything together.
- Either serve up with your favourite milk (mine’s Pip & Nut’s almond milk) or store in an air tight container (I use my favourite Kilner jars).
Enjoy and try not to eat the lot in one sitting… like me.
Did you give this recipe a go? Let us know how you got on – you can find us on facebook, twitter and instagram!