hilltop honey & caramelised pear chia pudding
- Add your chia seeds and almond milk into a bowl and leave to one side.
- Peel and core your pear, then dice it into small cubes and add it in to a frying pan along with your water, hilltop honey and ginger.
- Fry this for around 5 minutes or until the liquid has bubbled up and evaporated and your pears have caramelised in the sugar from the hilltop honey.
- Add half of your pears into your chia bowl then place in the fridge for 2-3 hours or for the best results leave overnight.
- When ready to serve top with your remaining pear, bee pollen and an additional drizzle of honey and enjoy!
The texture is gelatinous and thick, and the flavour is sweet with the fruitiness of the pear breaking it up and making it a fantastic breakfast to wake up to in the morning!
This is a recipe received from Mitch Lee Fitness!
Please see his nutrition guide per serving below:
1 Bowl =
25.2g Carbs (18.9g Fibre)
17g Fat (2g Saturated)
“Chia seeds are one of the worlds favourite superfoods as they are packed with so much goodness in a tiny little grain (much like the bee pollen!). They are known for their ability to provide sustainable energy and in fact, “chia” is the ancient Mayan word for “strength.” Rich in protein, fibre and antioxidants and packed with healthy omega fats they make for the ideal breakfast ingredient, and with some caramelised honeyed pears and topped off with some bee pollen, give this a go to fuel you up throughout the day!” – Macro Mitch
Did you give this recipe a go? Let us know how you get on – you can find us facebook on twitter and instagram!