cacao and almond granola with orange blossom honey
- 3 cups organic jumbo oats
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup orange blossom hilltop honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Pre-heat the oven on to 180 degrees.
- In the microwave or in a pan melt the coconut oil, coconut sugar and honey together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients – apart from the cacao nibs!
- Once the sweet coconut oil mixture has melted pour over the dry mixture and it well until fully combined.
- Lay the granola and on baking paper lined tray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes checking frequently as it can burn quickly. If you want it chunky then do not stir during the cooking process, however if you want it fairly loose then stir every 5 minutes.
- Once ready – it will start to brown and smell aromatic! Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- If you are going for chunky granola, allow to cool completely and then break up the granola into bite sized chunks and store in an air tight container. At this point you can mix in the cacao nibs.
A delight recipe provided from Hemali over at the souregg “I love it served with chia pudding or coconut yogurt topped with bananas, blueberries and nut butter!” – Hemali, thesouregg
Did you give this recipe a go? Let us know how you got on – you can find us on facebook, twitter and instagram!